This tutorial shows you how to install the latest version of Xuggle’s Xuggler on Microsoft.
Part 1: Installing on Windows
In this tutorial we show how to find the latest version of Xuggler and install it on your Windows Vista or Windows XP machine.
Part 2: Testing your installation
After you’ve installed Xuggler on your machine and rebooted, it’d be nice to test that everything is working. This tutorial shows you how to do that.
Part 3: For those who don’t like Videos
Here are the steps in text for those who don’t like video:
- Uninstall old versions of Xuggler first if you’ve already installed it
- Download the latest Xuggler
setup.exefor Microsoft Windows from here
setup.exe, giving administrative permission if requested
- REBOOT YOUR MACHINE
- When your machine restarts, launch a command shell
- Find a copy of your favorite Quicktime, FLV, or other video file (let’s assume it’s called
- Run the following command (all on one line):
java -cp "%XUGGLE_HOME%\share\java\jars\xuggle-xuggler.jar" com.xuggle.xuggler.demos.DecodeAndPlayVideo myfile.mov
- Congratulations you should now see a video (without audio) playing on your screen.